Sunday, September 6, 2009

Diaster and mishaps of a 9 month old


I can't believe it, 9 months has flown by. Justin now has 4 teeth. Two on the bottom and two on the top but not the front two. Although the other front one is just breaking the gum. The only good thing is he seems to be getting them all at once. He weighs about 18 lbs. He is starting to mimic sounds and chatters as he turns pages in books. It is the cutest thing to watch. He is fearless and it could lead to his demise if we turn around for a second. I have found him on top of tables with scissors as he balanced on the edge. He climbs the stairs like they are a straightway. He climbs up on the couch and proceeds to the next chair over the arm rest. And if you hear quiet (when he isn't sleeping) you can be sure to find your toilet paper roll all over the floor and an electrical wire in his mouth. It doesn't seem like how many things we change to make it safer for him he finds an other outlet of danger. He is like a stuntman who makes it up as he goes along and unless he actually gets hurt he thinks its perfectly safe to continue. Example: I just looked over and Justin was in the diaper rash ointment squishing his hands in it and as we took it away he figure the mouth was a good place for his hand. He is quick too and has these go go gadget arms. While picking out dress shirts for Pete he was able to grab multiple shirts from here and there while I was holding him and his hands. I'm still in awe. I know I spent a whole day going man if I blogged every thing Justin did that was dangerous just today social services would be knocking on my door for child neglect and that is with me watching him. I can't imagine the consequences of being occupied for a few minutes. The only reason I can write this blog is because Peter is watching him and he still found the diaper rash ointment. Now that was smart thinking I looked at Pete and he put Justin in a big diaper box maybe that will slow him down.

No comments: