Friday, August 26, 2011

$11,000 Less

So we got our appraisal back from the house FINALLY and it was $11,000 less then what our contract was for. Great for us not so good for the seller.  The seller said he couldn't go that low and asked about meeting half way. We agreed to 5,500 off the price as long as he was still contributing toward closing and would fix all the problems with the roof (which in the sceme of things = the other $5,500) or give it to us for the appraised amount and no money at closing but still fix the roof b/c we need it fixed now for insurance since Citizen's changed its policy over the last 2 months and do not want a lick of damage.  So far we have had a lot of hiccups with even this conventional sale (we were in contract with an other home at one point and some of you know the stories I don't even want to remember anymore) but thus far they are stressful for a couple of days and then they suddendly work in our favor.  IE the seller fixing the roof for us and getting an even lower price. We are still waiting for the new addendum to be signed by the seller so we can pass it on to our loan officer.  Oh the joys. I am hoping it doesn't change our close date b/c I really want to get in the new house.  Us paying more does make it so we are putting more down which means we can't do a couple of the other things we were going to (sorry Pete probably no mango tree yet). 
Pete got released from the bishopric on Sunday and we both couldn''t be happier.  Although I wonder if this will be short lived. I have never been happier about a release. It is horrible to say but I have very few things that made me happy about him being in the bishopric. I am truelly selfish with my break time. I was going to say family time but it wasn't that because now I am going to YW on Tuesday night and that is okay. I think it was more the fact that I finally got a break when he came home and when he was leaving again I didn't.  And lets face it everyone needs those 2 15 minute breaks and lunch breaks so not getting them on days was really wearing on me.  Over 12 hours is too long to go without one break.  It will be interesting to see how Sunday morning goes since I am used to doing everything to get the kids ready and I am usually always on time with fully dressed kids. I almost always had make-up.  You would think it would be easier with your husband to help but on days when Pete didn't have bisopric meetings we were always rushing and running late.  So I may need to just tell Pete exactly his responsibilites for Sunday morning. I think it will be better than assuming he knows what I want.
         

No comments: