Friday, January 2, 2009

Baby's First Christmas








For Christmas we went to my father's house. Of course he spoiled all of us expecially his new grandson. We came home on Christmas day and opened what we left here at the house and to my suprise I got the Wii fit. I can't wait to use it but I still have to wait until mid January to be able to work out because of the c-section. Then Pete and I are going to have a biggest loser contest (which would have been easier for me if I hadn't already lost all the weight from my pregnancy but at least now I weigh less than him). Of course Justin didn't react to any of his gifts, actually he slept thru the whole opening process go figure huh. And since he has no agency when it comes to where he goes or what he wears we put him in a stocking and under the tree for a photo shoot. In which Pete and I took pictures until he started crying and then we took a couple of that too.
I find it amazing that lack of sleep and changing hormones can cause Justin's crying to become unbearable after only 2 secounds. I swear sometimes that he has been crying all day and then I look at the clock and it has only been 3 minutes since he woke up. A friend of mine gave me the Babywise book to help "make it so you have a happier baby" by sceduling his feeding, play and nap times. It encourages you to allow your baby to cry at naptime until he falls asleep and in truth it only usually takes at the most 15 minutes for him to stop crying but it also only takes 5 minutes for me to go insane from the noise. Also Justin doesn't cry extremely loud but for some reason the repeated sound seams ten times louder to us when he is doing it. I wanted to laugh yesterday because Peter was home and I put Justin down for naptime and he started crying (which he does if we are not holding or feeding him or he's a sleep). Pete turned to me and asked if it was okay to allow him to scream like that for so long and in reality I had just laid him down 2 minutes before. Now I've made it seem like Justin screams all the time that is not true he sleeps all the time but when he does cry that tends to be all you can focus on and time stands still until he either stops or Pete and I give in and hold him until he falls asleep. Which is probably the most comforting feeling when you are holding your infant and he snuggles on you and falls asleep. You can't help but to enjoy and relish in his warmth on your chest.

1 comment:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I love this post! Totally real! I want to know how the dogs are handling the new addition!!!