Thursday, February 12, 2009

2 Months and Counting

Sorry this is late but my week seems to be just flying by. Justin is growing by the minute he is now 24 inches long and weighs 12 pounds. He has almost outgrown all his 0-3 months clothes and is long enough for the 3-6 month clothes but not fat enough so the outfits are baggy. He has been a much happier baby now that we have been doing the 5 s's (which are swaddling, side/stomach laying, swinging, shhing, and sucking). He is starting to sleep without needing to be on us. He loves his mommy and cries and fusses for his dad a lot more then me. He even laughs and smiles when he hears my voice but I am not holding him or he can't see me. He has been quite the pleasure to have. He loves to sit up straight and has great posture which I don't know where he gets it from. If he had stronger arm muscles he would already be crawling. I had him laying on
his stomach and he brings his feet all the way under his stomach and pushes out one at a time but he can't hold up his chest and head with his arms yet. Unfortunately for his parents he may learn soon enough. He recognizes Jade and smiles at her and laughs when she licks him. As I am saying he a happier baby he is screaming and won't stop and right now I am wondering why Pete is not home. Okay he is swaddled, fed and asleep now. Justin loves the song head, shoulders, knees and toes. He figured out how to bring his hand to his mouth and now sucks on it. He loves his binky and sucks on it quite often and can sometimes hold it in his mouth unassisted. He now makes more noises like gaa, hhhha, hhhhhye, yeeea, and ya. HI maybe his first word but I want to see if he keeps saying it after I do for the next couple of days or if it was a fluke. He
sleeps really well at night. He goes to bed at 9-10 o'clock and sleeps until 3am and eats and goes right back to sleep and then wakes again at 6am and goes right back to sleep until 9-10 am. He is an active baby so when he is awake and happy he still kicks his feet and flares his arms. Which is very cute but leads me to believe that I will be chasing him around the house as soon as he learns to walk. Good thing I'm still young!!



No comments: